Location: Pristina, Kosovo
Position: Local long-term Junior Communications Expert (full-time)
Project: GIZ Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH funded “Support to the European Integration Process”
Application deadline: 20th of August 2019
Type of contract: Employment Contract
Languages required: Albanian, English
Starting Date: September 2019
Duration of Contract: Until June 2020, full-time, subject to a probationary period of 4 months
Background information: Kosovo Legal Services Company LLC (www.klsc.eu), is implementing the GIZ Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH funded project “Support to the European Integration Process” in a consortium led by Business and Strategies in Europe.
The objective of this project is to assist the Ministry of European Integration in implementing parts of the SAA Communication Strategy by actively involving the Kosovo civil society, in highlighting the advantages of European Integration and increasing the awareness and understanding of Kosovo citizens on the EU reforms and benefits/advantages. This project started in February 2018 – to be completed by June 2020.
We are now seeking for a Junior Communication Expert as per the following:
Local long-term Junior Communications Expert (full-time)
The Junior communication expert under the supervision of the head of the communication component is required to plan and implement activities to support the Government’s National Strategy for Communication of the EUI process.
• University degree related to public administration, communications, journalism, marketing, public relations or equally relevant;
• At least three years professional experience in the fields of public administration reform, strategic planning, digital media, communication and/or public relations;
• Proven team work experience including good communication and coordination skills;
• Experience as a digital media specialist/manager;
• Excellent analytical and project management skills;
• An ability to multitask and perform under tight deadlines;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills;
• Experience in development and/or implementation and/or monitoring of public administration reform policies;
• Experience in organising public communication campaigns for a governmental institutions and/or private companies;
• Experience in organisation of public events (public hearings, consultations, presentation with/before business, civil society);
• Experience of various communication approaches and tools, such as:
o coordinate the creation of digital and print content (e.g. website, blogs, press releases and podcasts);
o managing accounts in social media platforms;
o solid knowledge of media editing software;
o familiarity with web design and content management systems;
o experience of having worked with the media outlets (TV, Radio and printed media), would be highly desirable;
o experience in communicating and promoting public/business services in donor funded projects would be considered as an advantage.
• Excellent command English and Albanian languages, both written and spoken, knowledge of Serbian Language is an advantage.
Proposed candidates should not be active civil servants. If the proposed candidates are former civil servants, they should not have worked for public institutions for the past six months (calculated from the vacancy advertisement deadline).